Oracle Integrated Lights Out Manager (ILOM) provides advanced service processor (SP) hardware and software that can use to manage and monitor Exadata machine components, such as compute nodes, storage server and the InfiniBand switch. ILOM's dedicated hardware and software is preinstalled on these components.
ILOM enables to actively manage and monitor the nodes in the Exadata Database Machine independently of the operating system state, with a reliable Lights Out Management (LOM) system.
With ILOM, proactively:
- Learn about hardware errors and faults as they occur
- Remotely control the power state of your compute node
- View the graphical and non-graphical consoles for the host
- View the current status of sensors and indicators on the system
- Determine the hardware configuration of your system
- Receive generated alerts about system events in advance via IPMI PETs, SNMP Traps, or E-mail Alerts.